Date: Saturday, June 10
Card start time: 8.00 p.m. ET / 1.00 a.m. BST
Main event ringwalks (approx): 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. BST
TV : U.S.: ESPN+ UK: Sky Sports
Place : The fight will be staged at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.
This week brings us another exciting bout, as WBO super lightweight titleholder Josh Taylor will fight Teofimo Lopez in a highly-anticipated match-up. The event will take place at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden.
About 16 months ago, Taylor faced off against Jack Catterall, and they went through a very close fight, with Taylor emerging with a split-decision victory. Following the fight, there was a lot of talk about a rematch, but Catterall decided to move on. Taylor is currently focused on counting down the number of fights at super lightweight.
Although Lopez has only been in the ring for about seven months, he was able to pull off a close victory against Sandor Martin. With that in mind, it’s interesting to see how the former champion will perform against Taylor, who is a southpaw.
Josh Taylor Record And Bio :
- Nationality: British
- Date of Birth: January 2, 1991
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Reach: 69
- Total Fights: 19
- Record: 19-0 (13 KOs)
Teofimo Lopez Record And Bio :
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: July 30, 1996
- Height: 5′ 8″
- Reach: 68.5″
- Total Fights: 18
- Record: 18-1 (13 KOs)
Josh Taylor vs. Teofimo Lopez Fight Card :
- Josh Taylor vs. Teofimo Lopez; For Taylor’s WBO super-lightweight title
- Xander Zayas vs. Ronald Cruz; Super-welterweight
- Henry Lebron vs. Carlos Ramos; Super-featherweight
- Jamaine Ortiz vs. Humberto Galindo; Lightweight
- Robson Conceiciao vs. Nicolas Polanco; Super-featherweight
- Omar Rosario vs. Jan Rivera; Super-lightweight
- Damian Knyba vs. Helaman Olguin; Heavyweight
- Bruce Carrington vs. Luis Porozo; Featherweight