Date: Saturday, September 30
Time: 9 p.m. ET / 2 a.m. UK
Main event ringwalks (approx): 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. UK
TV : U.S.: Showtime PPV UK & Ireland: DAZN
Venue : The fight is set to be staged at T Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Jermall Charlo and his brother, Jermell, have been known for their antagonistic behavior at press conferences. Although they have both been accused of having temper tantrums, Jermell showed a lot of respect and gratitude during his press conference for his upcoming fight against Canelo Alvarez on September 30 in New York.
At the Beverly Hilton, Jermall Charlo talked about his desire to fight against Canelo and how fulfilling it would be to finally get the opportunity to face him. Throughout his career, he has been chasing Canelo, who has been regarded as the best boxer in the world for a long time. Now, it’s time for him to perform at his best and win the fight.
After the fight on September 30, people will start to recognize the hard work and skills that Jermall has been displaying since he was a kid. He is very confident that he will be known as one of the best fighters in the world.
If he can beat the Mexican superstar, he will get his wish. Instead of fighting in the middle weight division, which is usually where he would be fighting, Charlo will be fighting in the super middleweight division. It is very rare for a reigning champion to beat a reigning champion in a different weight class. For instance, 20 years ago, Roy Jones Jr. defeated John Ruiz to become the WBA’s light heavyweight champion.
It is also rare for a reigning champion to move up to a weight class and defeat a champion who is heavier than them. For instance, in the early days of boxing, Henry Armstrong defeated Barney Ross to become the featherweight champion.
If Charlo can win the fight against Alvarez, which will be held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, he will be able to join a select group of all-time great fighters.
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez Record And Bio :
- Nationality: Mexican
- Date of birth: July 18, 1990
- Height: 5′ 8″
- Reach: 70.5″
- Total fights: 63
- Record: 59-2-2 (39 KOs)
Jermell Charlo Record And Bio :
- Nationality: American
- Date of birth: May 19, 1990
- Height: 6′ 0″
- Reach: 73″
- Total fights: 37
- Record: 35-1-1 (19 KOs)
Canelo Alvarez vs. Charlo Fight Card :
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Jermell Charlo; For Alvarez’s WBC, WBO, WBA and IBF super middleweight titles
- Jesus Ramos Jr. vs. Erickson Lubin; Light middleweight
- Yordenis Ugas vs. Mario Barrios; For the vacant WBC interim welterweight title
- Elijah Garcia vs. Armando Resendiz; Middleweight
- Frank Sanchez vs. Scott Alexander; Heavyweight
- Gabriel Valenzuela vs. Yeis Gabriel Solano; Super lightweight
- Terrell Gausha vs. KeAndre Leatherwood; Middleweight
- Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Isaac Rodrigues; Light heavyweight
- Curmel Moton vs. Ezequiel Flores; Super featherweight
- Justin Viloria vs. Angel Barrera; Super featherweight
- Bek Nurmaganbet vs. Abimbola Osundairo; Super middleweight
- Abilkhan Amankul vs. Joeshon James; Middleweight