Date: Sunday, October 8, 2023
Kickoff Time: 4:30 p.m. local (11:30 a.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. PT)
Location: Emirates Stadium (London, England)
Official: Michael Oliver
Last meeting: Man City 1-1 Arsenal (Aug. 6, 2023 | Community Shield)
The most significant match of the Premier League season so far takes place on Sunday when Manchester City hosts Arsenal at the Emirates. It is a meeting between two of the most prominent teams in the league.
Both teams went head-to-head for the Premier League title last season. After trailing for most of the season, Man City was able to secure their fifth championship in six years. Their match against Arsenal in April was the turning point of the campaign, as they won 4-1.
Through seven matches, Man City leads the league, but they are only a point ahead of Arsenal. The Gunners are able to overtake them with a victory in this fixture.
There are various selection issues that both teams will have to face. For instance, Arsenal might be without key player Bukayo Saka due to an injury. On the other hand, John Stones could be brought back into the lineup for Man City due to the suspension of Rodri.
Arsenal vs Manchester City Head to Head :
- Over the years, Arsenal have dominated the rivalry with Manchester City, winning 99 out of the 209 meetings between the two clubs. Their victories outnumber those of the Citizens.
- In the last twelve Premier League meetings with Manchester City, Arsenal has lost all twelve of them. They have managed to score only five goals and concede an astonishing 33 goals.
- If they win this weekend, Manchester City will equal the record for most consecutive victories in the Premier League era. They have also won against two different teams in the competition.
- Since their victory over Manchester City in January 2015, the team has not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 16 Premier League matches against the Citizens.
- Since January 2015, when they beat Manchester City, Arsenal has not lost a Premier League match. They are currently on an eight-game winning streak, which is the joint-longest such streak in the competition so far.
Arsenal vs Manchester City Prediction :
Eight years ago, Arsenal ended their losing streak against Manchester City in the Premier League with a victory. Pep Guardiola’s men went on to win 12 straight matches against the Gunners.
Both squads have struggled in recent weeks, and Arsenal will be without several key players due to injury.
This season, the defense of the London club has been vulnerable at times. City will be eager to continue their recent dominance over their opponents.
Man City win, 2-1.
Arsenal vs Manchester City starting lineup :
Arsenal possible starting lineup:
Raya; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Odegaard, Rice, Partey; Vieira, Nketiah, Jesus
Manchester City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Walker, Dias, Akanji, Gvardiol; Lewis, Kovacic; Foden, Alvarez, Doku; Haaland