The highly anticipated match between Inter Milan and AC Milan will take place on Wednesday, May 3 at San Siro. It is a crucial encounter for both teams as they look to reach the final of the European competition.
Since the inception of the competition, Inter Milan has been able to win multiple European titles. Their most recent victory was in 2010 under the leadership of Jose Mourinho.
Although they have won multiple championships, AC Milan’s last major trophy was the 2007 European Cup, which they won against Liverpool. The current team of Rossoneri is not as dominant as the group from the 2000s, but it is still determined to improve its position this season.
Both teams are currently in the race to secure a spot in the top four of the Italian league. With the possibility of not participating in next season’s competition, this match-up adds more spice to the upcoming semi-final.
This season, the Italian league will have its first representative in the Champions League final. However, it will be very challenging to get past either Manchester City or Real Madrid.
Both Inter and Milan are expected to put on a great show when they face off at home. Since the two clubs did not have away goals in this year’s competition, it is not likely to be a friendly match. Both teams will be looking to capitalize on their recent success.
AC Milan vs Inter Milan Head to Head :
- Over the years, Inter Milan has a good record in the derby matches against AC Milan in the Madonnina. In 235 encounters, they have won 87 games, which is more than the 79 victories that the Rossoneri have managed.
- In the last four meetings between these two clubs, AC Milan has been unbeaten. In 2003, they won the match against Inter Milan on away goals after drawing the first match at 1-1. Both Inter and AC Milan have also played three games in the 2022-23 seasons, with the former winning two of them.
- The two clubs have already faced off in three competitions during the 2022-23 season. Inter Milan emerged victorious in the last two games.
- After winning the first derby match between the two clubs this season, 3-2, AC Milan has failed to score in the last two meetings with Inter Milan.
- Since the start of the 2008 European Champions League, AC Milan has only lost one of their six matches at the San Siro.
AC Milan vs Inter Milan Prediction :
In all competitions, Inter have won five matches in a row. They also managed to win three of the four meetings between these two teams in the past few months.
AC Milan, on the other hand, has lost in nine of their last 13 games. This suggests that they are not at the same level as their rivals.
Bettors can easily profit from the odds of 2.50 on Inter Milan to win.
This match marks the first leg of the semi-final of the Champions League. It will be the first time that these two teams have participated in this stage of the competition in a long time.
AC Milan will be supported by their passionate fans at home. They managed to only score once in their last eleven games.
It is believed that the odds of 2.00 are favorable for the Both Teams To Score bet.