Date: Saturday, November 5
Time: 1:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m GMT
Main event ringwalks (approx): 5:09 p.m. ET / 9:09 p.m. GMT
TV : dazn
Place : The fight takes place at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi.
Dmitry Bivol could have scored the biggest victory in boxing in 2022. In May, Bivol fought Saul “Canelo,” maintaining his WBA light heavyweight title and defeating Alvarez for the first time since Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2013. In Abu Dhabi on Saturday, Bivol takes on unbeaten challenger Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez in an attempt to capitalize on the momentum from the Alvarez victory (1:30 p.m. ET, DAZN).
Bivol (20-0, 11 KO) displayed all the abilities that have earned him one of the top light heavyweights of his generation against Alvarez. Bivol maintained a high guard and responded to virtually all of Alvarez’s punches with precise combinations, capitalizing on his strong jab. Alvarez was outpunched 152 to 84 by Bivol, who also only allowed him to hit 17% of his punches on target.
Alvarez’s contract for the fight included a rematch clause, but he decided not to exercise it and instead moved back to super middleweight to face rival Gennady Golovkin for the undisputed belt. The WBA ordered the bout with Ramirez while Artur Beterbiev, who has been injured frequently, will face Anthony Yarde in early 2023. Bivol has his sights set on Beterbiev to become an undisputed champion at light heavyweight. The next fight in Bivol’s career will be another significant one, regardless of whether it is the Beterbiev fight or a rematch with Alvarez.
Dmitry Bivol RECORD AND BIO
- Date of birth: December 18, 1990
- Height: 6′ 0″
- Reach: 72″
- Total fights: 20
- Record: 20-0 (11 KOs)
Gilberto Ramirez RECORD AND BIO
- Nationality: Mexican
- Date of birth: June 19, 1991
- Height: 6′ 2″
- Reach: 75″
- Total fights: 44
- Record: 44-0 (30 KOs)
Dmitry Bivol vs. Gilberto Ramirez fight Card
Prelims Card ( 10:30 am ET)
- Sultan Al Nuaimi (8-0, 5 KO) vs Sohaib Haque (4-2, 2 KO), bantamweights, 8 rounds
- Aqib Fiaz (9-0, 0 KO) vs Diego Valtierra (6-5-2, 2 KO), lightweights, 8 rounds
- Campbell Hatton (8-0, 2 KO) vs Denis Bartos (9-5, 6 KO), junior welterweights, 6 rounds
- Fahad Al Bloushi (10-1, 2 KO) vs Irakli Shariashvili (7-12-1, 2 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds
Main Card (, 1:30 pm ET)
- Dmitry Bivol (20-0, 11 KO) vs Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez (44-0, 30 KO), light heavyweights, 12 rounds, for Bivol’s WBA title
- Chantelle Cameron (16-0, 8 KO) vs Jessica McCaskill (12-2, 5 KO), junior welterweights, 10 rounds, for undisputed championship (Cameron’s WBC and IBF titles and the vacant WBA and WBO titles)
- Shavkat Rakhimov (16-0-1, 13 KO) vs Zelfa Barrett (28-1, 16 KO), junior lightweights, 12 rounds, for the vacant IBF title
- Galal Yafai (2-0, 2 KO) vs Gohan Rodriguez (12-1-1, 1 KO), flyweights, 10 rounds
- Kal Yafai (26-1, 15 KO) vs Jerald Paclar (16-5-3, 9 KO), bantamweights, 10 rounds