- Event : Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire 2
- Date: Tuesday, June 7
- Main card: 5:30 a.m. ET/10:30 a.m. BST
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 7:30 a.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. BS
- Location: the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
The unbeaten unified IBF/WBA super duper bantamweight champion Naoya Inoue will face WBC bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire in a rematch on June 7th from Saitama, Japan, in a title contest that will be available on ESPN+.
The Monster and The Filipino Flash first met in November 2019 in an IBF-WBA super duper unification bout that also served as the World Boxing Super Series’ final bout. Inoue was granted a unanimous decision victory to become the unified bantamweight champion after 12 exciting rounds of action. The fight itself was named Ring Magazine’s 2019 Fight of the Year.
Since their last fight, Inoue has successfully defended his united title three times, while Donaire has won two straight fights, winning the WBC bantamweight title to reclaim a piece of the belt and successfully defending it. As a result, three of the main four titles in the 118-pound weight class will be on the line in this unification match. Since their first match, the two champions have a combined record of 5-0, including 5 stoppage victories.
Naoya Inoue Record And Bio :
- Nationality: Japanese
- Date of Birth: April 10, 1993
- Height: 5′ 5″
- Reach: 67.5″
- Total Fights: 22
- Record: 22-0 (19 KOs)
Nonito Donaire 2 Record And Bio :
- Nationality: Filipino
- Date of Birth: November 16, 1982
- Height: 5′ 7″
- Reach: 68″
- Total Fights: 48
- Record: 42-6 (28 KOs)
Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire 2 Fight Card :
- Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire for the IBF, WBA, and WBC Bantamweight titles
- Takuma Inoue vs. Gakuya Furuhashi for the WBO Asia Pacific and Japanese Super Bantamweight titles
- Andy Hiraoka vs. Shun Akaiwa; for Hiraoka’s Japanese Super Lightweight title
- Toshiya Ishii vs. Hikaru Fukunaga; Super Bantamweight
- Kanamu Sakama vs. Fuki Ishigaki; Light Flyweight
- Minori Okamura vs. Kota Matsuno; Welterweight
- Chihiro Iwashita vs. Seiru Yamana; Super Featherweight