Event: UFC 273
Date: Saturday, April 9
Start time: 6 p.m. ET
Prelims: 8 p.m. ET
Main card (PPV): 10 p.m. ET
Main event: 12:15 a.m. ET (approx.)
At UFC 273, Alexander Volkanovski’s will fight “The Korean Zombie,” one of his hardest opponents to date. Meanwhile, Aljamain Sterling and Petr Yan will try to ratchet up the heat in their already-heated battle.
Volkanovski’s will defend his UFC featherweight championship in a fight on April 9 at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville. The UFC bantamweight championship will be defended by Sterling.
Volkanovski’s made his professional debut in 2012 and has won his last 20 fights. He debuted in the UFC in 2016, and he won the UFC featherweight championship in 2019 by defeating Max Holloway. Volkanovski’ sretained the championship after defeating Holloway in a rematch and defeating Brian Ortega in September.
Jung began his professional career in 2007. He debuted in the UFC in 2011 and has a 7-3 record with the organization. Because of required military duty in South Korea, he had a hiatus between UFC fights. “The Korean Zombie” has won three of his previous four fights, including a unanimous decision victory against Dan Ige in June.
Alexander Volkanovsk Record And Bio:
Born: September 29, 1988
Reach: 71 inches
Total Fights: 24
Chan Sung Jung Record And Bio:
Born: March 17, 1987
Reach: 72 inches
Total Fights: 23
UFC 273 Fight Card
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Chan Sung Jung for Volkanovski’s Featherweight title
- Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. Petr Yan (ic)
- Welterweight Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Women’s Strawweight Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks; Welterweight
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Marcin Tybura; Heavyweight
- Aspen Ladd vs. Raquel Pennington; Women’s Bantamweight
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott; Welterweight
- Mark Madsen vs. Vinc Pichel; Lightweight
- Alexey Oleynik vs. Jared Vanderaa; Heavyweight
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Josh Fremd; Middleweight
- Piera Rodriguez vs. Kay Hansen; Women’s Strawweight