After nearly two decades of anticipation, the highly awaited battle between Amir Khan and Kell Brook finally goes place tonight.
The evening’s fights have already started, with Manchester’s Charlie Schofield losing his English Super Middleweight title to Germaine Brown by unanimous decision, and Viddal Riley defeating Willbeforce Shihepo after a two-year layoff.
Bradley Rea snatched the first knockout of the night, sending Craig McCarthy to the canvas in the first round.
The highly regarded Adam Azim is up next, facing Jordan Ellison in a continuation of his professional debut.
However, the two have an evident disdain for one another, as evidenced by Thursday’s press conference, which devolved into a farce with both being cautioned for making disrespectful remarks toward one another.
At Friday’s weigh-in, a dramatic confrontation between Khan and Brook required security intervention.
The undercard is jam-packed with young British talent, including Frazer Clarke, Bradley Rea, and siblings Hassan and Adam Azim, who are all coming off strong starts in their individual careers.
Natasha Jonas will meet Uruguayan Chris Namus for the third time, while local boxer Charlie Schofield and 24-year-old Viddal Riley will also compete.
Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook : Undercard
- MAIN EVENT: Amir Khan vs Kell Brook – 12×3 mins welterweight contest
- Natasha Jonas v Chris Namus – 10×2 mins vacant WBO female world super-welterweight championship
- Frazer Clarke vs Jake Darnell – 6×3 mins heavyweight contest
- Hassan Azim vs MJ Hall – 4×3 mins welterweight contest
- Adam Azim vs Jordan Ellison – 6×3 mins super-lightweight contest
- Bradley Rea vs Craig McCarthy – 8×3 mins middleweight contest
- Viddal Riley BEATS Willbeforce Shihepo via unanimous decision
- Charlie Schofield BEATS Germaine Brown via unanimous decision
- Abdul Khan BEATS Ricky Starkey on points
- Ibrahim Nadim BEATS Taka Bembere on points
Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook Fight Production
For both guys, there are numerous reasons to be concerned. Khan’s chin is one of the weakest of his generation’s elite fighters, and it’s just growing weaker as he approaches his 40th career bout.
Brook has had to have both of his eye sockets surgically fixed when in the later stages of his career due to punch resistance difficulties.
When it comes to peak versus. peak, Khan has the upper hand, yet neither man has reached the pinnacle of their careers.Brook has always wanted to fight Khan more than Khan has wanted to fight Brook, and it may be enough to tip the battle in his favor.
Khan may be able to pull away down the stretch if he can survive some early pressure from Brook. That’s a big if, given Khan’s chin.
Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook Fight INFO :
- Date: Saturday, 19th February 2021
- Main card: Expected around 10pm (GMT)
- Main event ringwalks (approx): midnight (approximately)
- TV : Sky Sports Box Office (UK), DAZN (Worldwide)
- Location : AO Arena, Manchester, UK