Keith Thurman va Mario Barrios
Date: February 5, 2022
Main card: 9 p.m. ET
Main event ringwalks (approx): midnight (approximately)
TV : FOX PPV, FITE
Location : Las Vegas, Nevada.
The welterweight category in boxing is home to some of the sport’s best boxers. Keith Thurman and Mario Barrios, two past champions, will face off on February 5 in an attempt to reclaim the title.
Thurman, a former WBA welterweight champion, made his professional debut in 2007.
In 2013, he defeated Diego Chaves for the temporary championship, which he successfully defended three times. In 2015, he was promoted to regular champion and successfully defended the title five times against opponents including as Robert Guerrero, Luis Collazo, Shawn Porter, Danny Garcia, and Josesito Lopez. Thurman won the WBC welterweight belt after defeating Garcia.
Thurman has missed time due to a number of ailments over the previous few years. Following his fight with Lopez in January 2019, he faced Manny Pacquiao in July of the same year. Thurman was defeated by Pacquiao in a split decision for the WBA belt. Following the battle, he underwent another operation, but he is again fit and eager to compete for titles once more.
In 2013, Barrios made his professional debut. Barrios, a former WBA super-lightweight champion, successfully defended his title once. His most recent fight was a TKO loss against Gervonta Davis in June 2021, which resulted in him losing the belt.
Gervonta Davis record and Bio
- Nationality: American
- Born: Nov. 7, 1994
- Height: 5-5 1/2
- Reach: 67 1/2 inches
- Total Fights: 24
- Record: 24-0 with 23 KOs
Mario Barrios record and Bio
- Nationality: American
- Born: May 18, 1995
- Height: 5-10
- Reach: 71 inches
- Total Fights: 26
- Record: 26-0 with 17 KOs
Full Card for Keith Thurman vs. Mario Barrios
- Main event: Keith Thurman vs. Mario Barrios, 12 rounds, welterweights
- Abel Ramos vs. Lucas Santamaria, 10 rounds, welterweights
- Leo Santa Cruz vs. Keenan Carbajal, 12 rounds, featherweights
- Luis Nery vs. Carlos Castro, 10 rounds, junior featherweights
- Kent Cruz vs. Enriko Gogokhia, 8 rounds, junior welterweights
- Fernando Vargas vs. Kody Koboski, 4 rounds, middleweights
- Jesus Silveyra Carrillo vs. Keith Hunter, junior welterweight
- Ryan Karl vs. Omar Juarez, junior welterweight
- Jesus Ramos vs. Vladimir Hernandez, junior middleweight
- Anthony Cuba vs. Jose Malverde Gonzalez, lightweight
- John Rincon vs. Ramon Duarte Marquez, welterweight